Master’s Degree in Emergency Medicine
According to the number of students annually graduated from the Faculties of Medicine and the absence of recognition in our country as an official medical specialty by the Ministry of Education, Science and Innovation of Emergency Medicine, it has moved us to carry out the Master’s Degree in Emergency Medicine with the aim of teaching-learning aimed at professionals who develop or will develop their care work in the field of Emergency Medicine. Especially when acting in such situations is, today, one of the areas of greatest interest both for health science professionals, and for society in general, given its important social demand.
Tel: +34 965 91 94 49 and 96 523 37 90
UNESCO Specialty: PULMONARY DISEASES
Units: Clinical Medicine
Tel: +34 965 91 94 49 and 96 591 93 11
UNESCO Speciality: ALLERGIES
Units: Clinical Medicine
Secretary of the Faculty of Medicine UMH
Tel: +34 965 91 95 26
Secretary of the Faculty of Medicine UMH
Tel: +34 965 91 94 44
Faculty of Medicine
Teaching branch: HEALTH SCIENCES
Credit price (€):
|Number of enrolments|
Blog University Master’s degree in Emergency Medicine
The Master’s degree in 2 minutes
LINKS OF GENERAL INTEREST
OFFICIAL TITLE DOCUMENTATION
TRACKING AND RENEWAL OF ACCREDITATION
|Basic||Mandatory||Elective||External Internship||Master’s degree project|
|Matter||Subject||ECTS||Type||Course / Semester|
|1st COURSE-COMMON MODULE|
|2nd COURSE-COMMON MODULE|
|2nd MASTER-WORK COURSE|
|6||Master Final Project||■|
- Differentiate and distinguish the Emergency from the Medical Emergency.
- Know and know how to apply the Gravity Scales of the most frequent nosological entities the medical emergency.
- Acquire attitudes to work in a team.
- Acquire communication skills with patients, family members and their social environment. Know how to communicate bad medical news.
- Acquire communication skills in emergencies and medical emergencies outside the hospital.
- Know the joint action protocols of SAMU – Local Police, SAMU – Fire Department; SAMU – National Police Corps; SAMU – and ADIF (RENFE), SAMU – TRAM Alicante and SAMU – El Altet Airport.
- Know the coordinated action protocol for suicide prevention.
- Know the survival chain in medical emergency situations.
- Know the action guidelines to establish the correct clinical diagnosis in the most frequent emergency clinical situations.
- Know the action protocol to perform a correct triage in situations of disasters or accidents with multiple victims.
- Relate therapeutic actions to the level of severity.
- Know and know how to perform the Basic Techniques and Procedures of medical performance in the critical patient.
- Know and know how to apply the Protocol of Action in the possible organ donor in asystole, in out-of-hospital care.
- Know and know how to apply the guidelines for action recommendations in medical emergency situations, both in the extra hospital environment and in the hospital environment.
- Know and know how to apply the guidelines for action recommendations in the transportation and primary transfer of the adult critical patient.
- Know and know how to apply the guidelines for action recommendation in the transportation and primary transfer of the pediatric critical patient.
- Know and know how to apply the guidelines for action recommendations in the transportation and secondary transfer of the adult critical patient.
- Know the guidelines for the recommendation of action in the transport and primary transfer of severe polytrauma.
- Know the guidelines for action recommendation in the transport and primary transfer of trauma with brain or spinal injury.
- Know the guidelines for action recommendations in disaster situations.
- Know the protocols for action in accidents with multiple victims.
- Know the protocols for action in accidents with crush syndrome.
- Know the protocols of action in accidents by physical agents.
- Know the consequences and the initial action protocol in the NBQ (Nuclear-Biological-Chemical) risk situations.
- Know the protocol of action in the transport and primary transfer of victims NBQ (Nuclear-Biological-Chemical).
- Know the new forms of Bioterrorism.
- Recognize and know how to treat potentially lethal arrhythmias.
- Know and know how to apply the concept of terminal illness.
- Know the types of pain and evaluation scales.
- Know and know how to apply the concept of limitation of life support treatment.
- Know the protocols of sedation analgesia in the terminal patient outside the hospital, extra hospital.
- Know the basic principles of current legislation and comprehensive patient care.
- Recognize and understand psychological reactions to trauma.
- Know the basis of psychological assistance in critical situations.
- Know and know how to apply the most common practical psychological techniques and skills in the management of emergencies and emergencies.
- Know how to apply psychological first aid.
- Identify and know how to manage situational stress in the performance of work.
- Know how to communicate properly in emergency situations.
ACCESS AND ADMISSION
To access the official teachings of this Master’s Degree in Emergency Medicine, it will be necessary to be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education of the European Higher Education Area that authorize the country issuing the title for access to Master’s teachings.
Likewise, the graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for the homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and which authorize in the country issuing the degree for access to postgraduate education.
Access by this means will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of pursuing the Master’s teachings.
– Master’s degree targeted to bachelors or graduates in Medicine.
– Knowledge of English is recommended, at least, at the level of reading and basic expression.
– The scope of knowledge linked to the Degree is 100% in Health Sciences and Medicine exclusively.
The commission in charge of the admission process will be the Master’s degree Council, the responsible for assessing the progress and learning outcomes of the students.
The Director of the Master’s degree will perform the function of direction and coordination of the areas.
Assessment of merits for admission:
– Academic Record (represents 45% ).
– Assistance work as a medical professional developed by the student in the subject area of the Degree (in the assessment it represents 55% ).